Thursday 7 April 2016

A Bit Of Advice







I've been reflecting a lot lately and I decided to write something a bit different today. When I wrote my post on anxiety a lot of you wrote to me saying how much it helped and I'm hoping this one can help some of you again.

It is so important to remember who you are. To take a look at yourself often and remind yourself how well you're doing. No you might not be exactly where you want to be. No you might not be earning as much as you'd like and you might still struggle with yourself every now and then. But look at how far you've come. In school I always put on a front of how I thought people wanted me to be and along the way I lost who I was. I was always scared of who would insult me today, what would this girl do to me today, how many times do I have to say I'm ok when I'm not. But as you grow up you lear to let these things go and move on. Those girls were nothing. Do I see them anymore? No. Do I need to? No. Do they influence me at all anymore? No. Yeah anxiety still says hello when it's not wanted and a big group of people tend to scare me and make me pretty shy but sometimes it doesn't. And that is a big thing for me to overcome.

You have to pat yourself on the back sometimes at just how well you're doing. Yeah people around me are doing great, but from that girl in school, scared of walking through the gates in the morning, I am now confident in myself. I'm proud of my achievements and what I've overcome. I can more times than not, say hi to someone I don't know and not have to worry that much about how they're judging me. I have people from my past saying how well they see me doing and wish they'd taken a similar route. People who I used to envy now look at me that way. That in itself is super weird but you have to remember everyone has a different road in life. Different bumps, different minds, different goals. 

You just have to hang in there, focus on your dreams and really aim for them. 
Don't put so much pressure on yourself to be the best when all you can be is yourself and that is all you need to be. Don't wish yourself away by looking at others wishing you were them because there will be someone somewhere wishing they were you. You are unique, one of a kind, be you and be the best you that you can be. Everything else will follow and work out how it should.

But just remember to pat yourself on the back and look at the road you've taken and you might surprise yourself with just how steep that road was and how high you are now. 

SHARE:

1 comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig