Tuesday 31 January 2017

"Although she be but little, she is fierce" Name Announcement










I thought it was about time I shared this little bird's name. Some of my friends and family already know but I wanted to introduce her on the blog with her photos of her at 2 weeks old. Still tiny but bigger than her birth weight. I am kicking myself that I didn't feel well enough to do these sooner as I won't get that time back but she's still only a little dot.

So many of you have asked what we have called her and it's been so lovely knowing you care so much about her already so I wanted to show you in a special way with these photos. She will always be my little bird as that is what I called her when she was my bump but some of you guessed we called her birdie! I loved that but we chose to call her...Kovah Willow.

I love boho feeling names, that remind me of the ocean, beaches, and feeling completely free. I was searching for months for names the fitted how I felt when I finally accepted that I was having a baby, a name that reflected everything I love most in life as she would soon be one of them. I was mind mapping beach related things like, ocean, sand, tides, coves and came up with Cova as I found this online. Then for the sake of it looking nicer we chose Kovah for spelling. I loved this name as soon as it was in my head and I couldn't shake it. Our other name choice was Aria which we had both loved from the beginning but I just didn't feel like it was unique enough for our unique situation. Given our shared love for beaches, the ocean and everything water related I felt this was her. Originally it was going to be Kovah Ivy but then Mike through Willow into the mix and that sounded even more perfect and I'm so happy her name was something we both picked.

I never honestly knew naming a baby would be so difficult. We were sat in the Special Care Unit for days trying to decide and make sure it was right, while we stared at her. It was heartbreaking looking at the board above her little cot that said " Name:____" and it was blank. But on the Monday we decided there and then in Special Care while 2 other sets of parents were there with their babies asking us have we chose a name yet. And they all cheered when we announced it. That made it a little more special, sharing her naming moment with other parents going through the same tough experience of having a premature baby but all giving out the most positive and happy vibes. 

As I've been told if I have anymore babies I will most likely suffer from the same conditions again and knowing just how lucky Kovah was to be untouched by my body failing around her, I can honestly say she is a true blessing and miracle. We couldn't be more grateful to have such a sweet soul in our lives. 

I hope you love her name as much as we do and I'm so excited to share it with you all.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig