Tuesday 28 March 2017

My First Mothers Day


If someone said this time last year that I'd be celebrating Mothers Day myself in 2017, I would have thought they were mad. Little did I know that it would be one of the most special days I'll ever have. 

Reflecting back on just 11 weeks ago when my darling daughter came into the world 5 weeks early, on a day where I simply went to the doctors to get some acid reflux tablets. A day that was totally normal and we were still tired from the party we went to on New Years. From being calm and feeling ok and slowly making our way to get checked at hospital, to being rushed into theatre to have my baby with life threateningly high blood pressure, battling 2 life threatening illnesses that could have resulted in Kovah having her first mothers day without her mama. Needless to say my first Mothers Day was an emotional one. 

I feel so blessed to have the daughter I have and to have celebrated all weekend. We were even graced with beautiful sunshine all weekend which of course we took full advantaged of. We topped a very busy weekend off with a walk through a park and watching the birds on the lakes. It gave me a sweet taste of what summer will be like in the sunshine with my little girl and it makes me so happy that I have these cherished memories of this special day.

It was also the first day we have put in her tights and a dress and it honestly melted me. She looks so grown up in proper clothes but I loved how she was slightly matching with me in her floral dress. I hope all your lovely mummies and mummies-to-be had a magical weekend. I know this day will be such a special memory forever. 


Shop my mothers day outfit










SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig