Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014 - A Year of Change, Growth and Dreams







It is very generic but this time last year I would have never been able to picture my life as it is now. I didn't have my blog last year, I was pretty lost in where I was going and where I was, I had only been modelling for 4 months and still a pretty self conscious girl. It really is amazing what different a year can make. I had a holiday of a lifetime booked for 2014 and that was my main aim to go and try work out what I wanted to do. 

Being lucky enough to model for an amazing photographer who I can now say is a very dear friend, as well as gaining a second family with her gorgeous children and hilarious husband, Griffin Photography is a massive part of who I am today. It really is all about who you meet in life. Without her I wouldn't have the confidence I do today and I wouldn't have ever thought being 5"4 I could model and be published as much as I have been.





After spending my 22nd birthday in Manchester with some special people, being spoilt rotten and enjoying a weekend at ParkLife Festival, which was such an amazing experience spent with the best company, it was then a countdown to going travelling around Thailand for a month. Whilst travelling home from Falmouth to pack to go away, I found out I had been published on Vogue Italia, which was just an amazing feeling right before leaving the UK. I never dreamed I could be on there and it was of course all thanks to Griffin Photography.






Thailand was the biggest adventure I've ever been on so far in my life. I had never been on holiday without my family so this was something I had always felt I needed to do. I can safely say it was just incredible. Having no plan, nowhere I needed to be, nothing I needed to do, just a big journey of self discovery and relaxation. The people I met, the things I saw the adventures I went on, it was like a dream. This was a massive highlight for my 2014 and now I need to start panning my next big adventure. 

Just before heading to Thailand I thought starting a fashion blog would be a good idea to show people my modelling work and just generally keep some sort of diary in what I do as I've kept a journal since I was 11. It just seemed to be the right thing to do. As I was travelling and didn't want to sit on a computer everyday I didn't post seriously until July when I was back, that's when all the magic with FiveFootFour all began.





I was lucky enough to be part of some amazing shoots with year, with fabulous teams and talented artists who really changed how I see myself and I was lucky enough to keep being published in Wedding and Fashion magazines all over the world and in little Cornwall. Even now thinking about it is all very surreal and doesn't really ever sink in. I'm just so thankful I have met some lovely people along the way who I hope to stay friends with and keep working together.




I was given amazing opportunities to work with some fabulous companies all over the world with my blog and even those companies became friends. Helping companies grow and seeing them grow is amazing and I'm always honoured to work with brands and be part of their story. I'm always so happy to hear from them that they love what I do and want me to promote and work with them. It's always so touching to know people believe in me. I'm so excited to see what 2015 holds and the new friends I will meet next year.



The confidence I gained from modelling, friends and blogging collaborations lead me to finally go back to my natural hair colour this year. The reaction to this and my post on why I found it a struggle was just amazing and I'm glad I took that step and now I honestly can't picture myself being blonde again. It's a lot less hassle to have your hair all one colour. To be yourself is to be true to who you are and embrace every inch of what makes you special and I'm grateful to all those who have supported me in everything I've done this year.









It is time to say goodbye to 2014. For me a year that I've changed massively, realised who I want to be, found myself and even taken myself by surprise with what I have managed to achieve thanks to some amazing people helping me on my journey. 

I would have never in a million years believed that I would set up a YouTube channel, model for an ASOS marketplace, work with companies as big as LIDL, have a successful fashion blog and a growing support group in what I love to do everyday. I wouldn't be where I am without all of you lovely people who read my blog everyday. This year has been incredible. 

I've been blessed with opportunities left right and centre that have pushed me out my comfort zone and into something more surreal and wonderful than I could have ever dreamed of. I just want to say a massive thank you to all the companies who worked with me, believed in me and all my amazing readers who write lovely things on here and my other social media platforms, without you lot I wouldn't be as close to reaching my dream as I am now! As long as FiveFootFour keeps inspiring, helping and supporting people, to me it's a success. 

Happy New Years and I wish you all a wonderful night and the perfect entry to 2015!

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. You are such a gorgeous lady! Great Post :)
    Kaci x
    kaci's recents.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just desire to say your article is as astonishing.

    The clarity in your post is just excellent and i can assume you are an expert on this
    subject. Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep
    updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the rewarding work.


    Feel free to surf to my web site ... kitchen renovation ideas []

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou very much you can follow by clicking the subscribe button at the bottom of the blog on google+ or on bloglovin' xx

      Delete
  3. I love your style!!! Congrats on being in Vogue!!! So amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig