Sunday 28 June 2015

Mermaid Lip Technique













So I've been meaning to do this for a while but only just got around to posting it. I have a little technique that I do when I do my ombre lips or just use lip liner to make sure its done evenly on both sides. I don't know if this will help anyone but thought I'd put a quick little post up anyway. I will eventually get around to doing some more videos when I have settled into my new place, I'll definitely do a new house tour. 

Basically how I start is by drawing a cross on the two points of my cupids bow and cross them in the middle. Then start the upper lip from the corners of my mouth, follow the line along the edge of your lip up to the two point you made with the cross. 

The bottom lip is always the easiest, just follow the lip edge along. I usually start in the middle and join up the line to the corners of my mouth. For a subtle ombre look I used my lip liner to colour in the corners of my lips and bring them out half way up both lips. Then with a slightly lighter lipstick fill in the gaps, make sure you don't apply the lipstick from one corner right across to the other as this will bring the lip liner into the lighter area. 

Then you're all done!

This was the lip look I used for my Mermaid Swimwear series and one of my personal favourites, Kinda Sexy and Spice go so well together, right now they are my highest recommendation! Hope this gave you guys something fun to play with and let me know how you find this way of applying it. 

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. this is so clever, colour is gorgeous too x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just discovered your blog through the Jones and Jones website and felt the need to say I LOVE YOUR HAIR! I'm off for a good stalk now :D Thanks for sharing this lip trick btw, gonna try it out :)
    lily x
    jolihouse.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig